Join Us For a FREE “Estate Planning” Workshop in West Des Moines
The Learning Lab
“Authentic, Educational Retirement Resources – Brought To You”
Date: Thursday, September 3, 2020 – 6:00 pm
West Des Moines Marriott 1250 Jordan Creek Pkwy, West Des Moines Note: Registration Is Required for This Event Limited Seating due to COVID-19
Is It Safe To Attend?
We are dedicated to the safety of the participants and the staff. We have adopted all CDC recommended safety procedures for the meeting area including…
- Social Distancing: Limited capacity due to COVID-19. All tables are 6ft apart. The seating arrangement allows for ample spacing for tables, guests, and staff. No unregistered walk-ins will be allowed.
- FREE Face Masks: For your added protection we recommend you bring your favorite comfortable face mask. If you do not have one or forgot to bring your mask we will be providing all guests with a face mask if needed!
- FREE Hand Sanitizer: As well as pre-cleaning all areas, we will also be providing hand sanitizer for guests to make sure you feel confident after touching any venue surfaces. Your safety as always is paramount.
Who Should Attend?
Many people believe they don’t need estate planning (wills and trusts) because they think they don’t have an estate. Or they think the value of their estate is not great enough to cause estate taxation, so what’s the point? The bottom line is if you own something of value that you would like to pass on to someone else upon your death, you have an estate. Whether you know it or not, you also have an estate plan. The state has one for you free of charge (that you may not like) if you do not write your own will.
Below are just some of the questions we go through to assist us in designing an estate plan (either will-based or trust-based) that meets your goals.
- Do you want to provide for and protect your children?
- Do you want to avoid probate?
- Do you have a family business or farm you want to leave your children?
- Do you want to protect your assets from lawsuits or creditors?
- Do you want to protect your children’s inheritance from the possibility of failed marriages?
- Do you want to ensure your death shall not be unnecessarily prolonged by artificial means or other measures?
Broadly speaking, an estate plan (either a will-based estate plan or a trust-based estate plan) encompasses the accumulation, conservation, and distribution of an estate. A good estate plan will enhance and maintain the financial security of individuals and their families.
These workshops are strictly educational and do not promote any products or companies. A ‘Hear It. See It. Write It.” teaching method makes it easy for you to understand, retain, and profit from the information covered!